Keep a closer eye on tools and consumables
Track Tools is designed for businesses who manage central store locations of tools and plant, which are signed out to technicians and engineers in order to complete remote work.
It is a highly configurable, modular solution, with Codegate Catalyst building blocks at its core. You can start with a basic solution and add on functionality as and when you need it.
The basic system is a server based application that provides databases for locations, tools and technicians. Bar code labels or RFID tags are printed to uniquely identify tools. ID badge labels or plastic cards are printed to identify technicians. Reporting is available on individual tools or technicians, or on all inventory. Return reminders can be generated and emailed directly to technicians, and consumable items can be written off. Data can be exported to downstream systems such as purchasing and accounts.
Optional add on modules available
- Batch or wireless portable terminals for each stores transaction point.
- Stock module, providing detailed information on stock, valuation, movement and utilisation.
- Maintenance and calibration management for relevant items.
- Procurement module, providing a database of suppliers such that items can be automatically re-ordered.
- Batch number / firmware revision tracking, to provide for periodic upgrades.
- Web portal for technicians, giving them web access to items signed out to them and search facility for stock availability, ability to reserve stock.
- Addition of locked cabinets selective access control.
- System integration - bespoke integration enterprise systems.
- Business intelligence and custom reporting.
Benefits to your business
The basic system will deliver cost and time savings through greater accountability and reduced paperwork. The rich amount of data collected ultimately allows business analysis to be conducted on the whole process. For example, to identify usage and costs of consumable items, usage statistics per tool, reliability analysis per item, usage and write off statistics per technician.